In life, we always have two choices: "right and wrong", "good or bad" "want or need", "necessity or display", "happy or sad". It always comes down to a choice to do what you want or to do what is right. We're all stuck in deciding on doing what's right and what we want. Because most of the time, they're both different things.
Here's the thing, I know I'm not the master of the universe and I'm not the type of person a lot of people listen to. I'm just me, giving my opinion about a certain topic. Whenever I came to the point in my life where I need to decide if I'm gonna do what I want or if I'm gonna do what's right, I always come to the conclusion that doing what's right is the safest way to redeem myself from all the possible liabilities that I'll face in doing what I want. This may be boring to others, but I actually think that doing what is right is really what I want to do. The problem is the people around that are forcing me to do what they want so they can feel right about it. Hahaha. I know it's confusing. Doing what is right is something a lot of people should feel good about doing. I know this sounds cliche but doing what is right is what makes you the better person that you are. You may not succeed at first but sooner or later, there will come a time that all the things you let past on will be worth it. There's a lot of time for you to do what you want and that time is when you can actually tell yourself that "I trust you. If ever you screw up, it's okay because you've been doing all the right things lately and you deserve to do what you want."
That quote, "Life is short, enjoy it while it lasts" is just a silly excuse to do what you want. Life is short but it's something that you should protect and hold on to. You can't live your life thinking what a mess you are because you didn't do the right thing. It's okay to be different, but you can't be different if you're always letting the peer pressure get the best of you. It's okay if you bail out to some of your friends' plans because you're not comfortable in doing them. It's okay if you disagree with everything that they agree on. It's okay to not be okay about something they're happy about. It's okay to do what you think is right. As long as nobody's getting hurt, as long as you still feel good about yourself, as long as you're still the person you are before everything else happened, you're okay. You can always do what you want as long as it feels right. All I'm saying is, think about what you're doing before you do it. We'll never know how far your mistakes or shortcomings will go. Maybe it'll pass after 5 minutes, maybe never. But it will always be something to think about for the rest of your life. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment