Saturday, 3 August 2013

I'm Still Hanging.

I knew know this person. I used to be with this person every single day. I used to tell this person everything. I used to be with this person after class because time in school was never enough. I used to call this person whenever I feel like talking to someone. I used to share my paranoia to this person because I feel comfortable telling this person how I felt. I used to share laughs, and even cries, with this person because talking to this person is a great comfort to me. I used to go with this person every where because I want to spend time with him/her. I used to go to this person's place when he/she's sick because this person needs someone to take care of him/her and he/she would do the same for me. I used to be this person's "person". But that's the thing, isn't it? I USED TO. 


I've been so attached to this person. This person told me about a year ago, "hindi kita iiwan, kahit anong mangyari." (I'll never leave you, whatever happens). Where are you now? You're gone. You ate all your words. How can you be okay that we're not talking everyday? How is it okay with you that we don't tell each other everything anymore? Why am I the only one bothered about this? Why are you happy while I'm here thinking and hoping that in each minute that would pass, you'd say "hi"? 

You left me hanging. I'm holding on to something I'm not sure of. I don't know how to cope with this but I know that in time, I can do what you're doing to me. I can also be estranged to you. I know that a lot of people would want to be who you are to me right now. In time, I'd be used to not having you around anymore and I won't miss you as much as I do right now. Right now, I'm still hanging but I know that I'm not far from the ground. At least, not anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment