Thursday, 31 December 2015

2015: Year of Strength

December 31, 2015 - the last day of one of the most challenging years in my life.


A lot of things has happened the past year but one thing that made 2015 memorable for me is that I realized a lot of things this year. I realized emotions that I never thought existed inside me. I realized that I can be forgiving - that I can extend my patience. I realized that I'm not as weak as I thought I was. In fact, I'm strong. 2015 had been the year that I realized that I can endure any pain as long as I trust that things will get better for me. 2015 is the year I realized that life is not a fairy tale and if things are not okay, trust that they will get better.

2015 is the year when I thought I wasn't good enough for anything. It is the year when I'm most pessimistic and I was never a pessimist. It was the year when I stopped believing in myself. It was the year when I was at my lowest. It was the year when I stopped believing in love, in myself, in others, but it never made me stop believing in God. 2015 is my lowest and I'm glad that 2015 is about to end.

As I enter a new year, I'm leaving all of the hate behind. Of course it won't happened right away but I want to make myself a promise that in the coming year, I will cry less and appreciate more. In the coming year, I will make things better. I will stop to wait for "better" to come to me. I'm bringing it to my life. "Better" is not something I should wait for. It is something that I should claim.

Thank you, 2015 for the realizations. 2016, show me what you got.

No comments:

Post a Comment