Wednesday, 1 January 2014

2014 Belongs To Me.

My 2013 was filled with ups and downs. It had been the year when I attended my first ever summer class, the year when I was left to live alone for some time, the year when I had to cope with the new responsibilities ahead of me, the year when I felt nothing but a victim; it is also a year of happiness, it's the year when I had my 18th birthday, the year when I met new people in school since I have a new block, the year when I bonded with the best people in the world.


It had been a year of regrets, a year filled with happiness, a year of tears, a year of laughter, a year of corny jokes, a year of despair, a year of belonging, and a year of self-pity. But the thing is, I wouldn't be the person I am now if this year never happened. I wouldn't have grown more mature and confident, I wouldn't have learned the some of life's greatest lessons if it weren't for 2013, but most importantly, I wouldn't be closer to God. 

This year, 2014, I plan to own it. I will claim it like it's the last pizza on the platter and that pizza is the last one on Earth. I will claim it as if it's the last copy of Harry Potter. I will claim it because it's mine. It will be mine. Be ready for me, 2014. Because I'm a hell lot stronger now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment