Monday, 7 July 2014

Forever at 18? I Don't Think So.

"Forever" - it's one of the most things people my age expect their relationships to achieve but I think it's ridiculous. I know, I sound like a bitter girl who happens to be single at the same time but I just don't see "forever" at eighteen years old. In my total honest opinion, all people at my age right now are too young to talk about forever.



Seeing myself at eighteen years old, I never thought of being with anyone at this age whom I'd like to spend my life with. I always say to myself that I have better things to do and things that I'd like to achieve before I can say that someone is worthy or I am worthy to spend my life with a better half. At eighteen years old, I don't see the sense of planning my future with someone when I'm uncertain of my future as well. I have things that I still need to accomplish, to fix. One thing I'm sure is that I'm not the only one who has to do these things. It just so happens that others just want to focus on something else - forever. 

I also think that talking about forever isn't clinging to your partner anymore, it's clinging to the idea that whatever connection you two have, it isn't going to end. Forever may be something that can strengthen the relationship but it's also something that can weaken it. 

I'm not saying this because I don't believe in it's concept, I just don't see how there can be a "forever" when all people my age should be focusing on how they have to live their lives. I'm also not saying that it's bad to have a relationship at eighteen, all I'm saying is it isn't bad to just go with the flow and see where the current takes you. It's better if you enjoy the every moment of today instead of thinking about what's in it for tomorrow. Maybe, just maybe, that "tomorrow" can be your "forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment